Loanends is a UNICEF Rights Respecting School and Article 29 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) underlines our school vision.
“Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full. It must encourage the child’s respect for human rights, as well as respect for their parents, their own and other cultures, and the environment.” (Article 29)
At Loanends we aim to provide a safe and caring environment in which we will nurture each child’s holistic potential encouraging the development of independent and lifelong learning skills. All members of our learning community will strive to demonstrate honesty, dedication and loyalty enabling them to become positive and responsible contributors to society.
In fulfilling our school aims, as set out in the UNCRC our school will deliver:
• The right to a childhood protected from harm;
• The right to be educated;
• The right to be healthy;
• The right to be treated fairly and
• The right to be heard.
From the Mission Statement the school aims to:
• Provide a broad and balanced curriculum for each child in a happy, secure and caring environment.
• Provide appropriate stimulating experiences to challenge and support learning in line with the NI curriculum.
• Develop skills of communication, oracy, Literacy and Numeracy.
• Encourage high personal standards of work and the desire for self-motivated learning.
• Develop the whole child socially, intellectually, physically, morally, spiritually and culturally.
• Help the child develop a feeling of self -confidence and self -esteem.
• Instil in the child an understanding of the environment both in his/her own community and in the wider world.
• Help the child become a responsible member of the community showing self- discipline, caring for others, with respect for life, property, opinions and beliefs.
• Nurture and promote supportive links between school, home and the community.